How Our Community Uses the Library
- 32,154 residents have active library cards.
- 23% of our active borrowers are under 18 years of age. 36% are over 45 years of age.
- The Dearborn Public Library has 104 public computers with internet access and access to the Microsoft office suite. Wireless access is also available in all Dearborn Public libraries as well as wireless hotspot devices for checkout by cardholders to extend access to home or office.
- In FY2020-2021, the Library checked out over 320,000 items and offered virtual programs and services such as Curbside Pickup service during the pandemic.
- The exterior Wi-Fi was extended at all library locations to facilitate internet access to parkinglots and outdoor seating areas.
- New online streaming services and databases were purchased which was particularly important during the pandemic.
- Over 10,000 digital items are checked out monthly – books, movies, magazines, newspapers, music, and more!
The Importance of Libraries
Who We Are
The Dearborn Library Foundation was founded in 2005 to develop and encourage the long-term financial health and growth of the Dearborn Public Library through giving, endowment and capital contributions.
As a nonprofit organization, 501(c)3, the Foundation can solicit private gifts from many sources, including those not available to a municipally funded Library. In addition, the Foundation has developed independent and prudent investment strategies and project grant processes to maximize each gift’s benefit to the Library.
The Dearborn Library Foundation is an independent non-profit organization established for the purpose of benefiting, promoting, and enhancing the Library system.
You can Help! The Library receives its basic funding from the City of Dearborn. Foundation support from your donation helps bridge the gap between public support and the costs of additional programming and funding of projects. Our donate link can be found above if you would like to make an online donation.
The Dearborn Library Foundation’s vision is to build strong public-private partnerships with individuals, businesses, and community organizations that share our mission for creating a stronger Library that is meeting the needs of the community.
The Dearborn Library Foundation values community, culture, diversity, education, literacy, and recreation.
The Dearborn Library Foundation values stewardship and prudent management of its assets.
The Dearborn Library Foundation values ethical and efficient fundraising practices and effective processing of grants to enhance the Dearborn Library system.
Board of Directors
President - Brian Church
Vice President - Zacki Khaled
Treasurer - Zacki Khaled